Travelling will not be perfect without the right luggage. Many Singaporeans make mistakes by carrying the wrong luggage – it can be the difference between a successful and failed travel. Here is the scenario: paying extra baggage charges for your oversized luggage or the humiliation of squeezing your gigantic duffel bag in the overhead cabin.
Here’s another scenario: you are standing in the airport terminal waiting for your luggage in the conveyer belt. You eye your luggage only to find out it failed to show or appeared dented. These could be prevented if you chose the right travel luggage. If you choose the right travel luggage, your life will be freer and worry-free.
Here are some tips on picking the right travel luggage:
- What are your options? You should know that there are different bags that you can consider. If you are frustrated because of your stiff luggage wheels, there is “spinner luggage”. The “spinner luggage” is perfect because the wheels can be twisted up to 360 degrees.
This will allow you great control at the same time it lets you move easier. If you are the type that patronizes backpacks, there are various sizes that comes with frames and without. This is good for camping, hiking and other outdoor activities. If you are planning an extensive travel, you should consider the traditional luggage with back straps and wheels.
- Hard or soft bag? Many people consider hardshell luggage but if you are looking into easy squeezing to overhead compartments, you have to consider soft bags. You should know that soft bags can absorb shock better than any other bag.
- What size should your consider? The general rule is to carry a bag no bigger about 100cm. For checked bag, it should be just about 150cm. You tend to bring large bag when you travel but remember that if you can’t lift your carry-on luggage over your head, you won’t be able to squeeze it into the overhead compartments.
- Color: Choosing the right color is also important. Choose a bag with bright color. This is so you can easily spot it on the carousel.
- Test: You have to test your bag. Walk around for a bit. This is to get the feel of the bag and see if you can handle it easily. Make sure that fabric is comfortable, durable and sturdy. Do not consider designer luggage as it is a fashion symbol. You can find many cheap luggage bag in the market if you are just patient.