At some point in our life, we’ve experience packing just a little too much for a trip. Bringing along three pairs of jeans, the dress that you bought on sale, three pairs of flats and your beloved gadgets. We know that you need these things, but bringing more than two pairs of each item is just too much for a 3-day trip. So next time you go out of town, we challenge you to use the following packing tips so that you’ll be able to pack and travel lighter.
- Limit on Your Cosmetics and Toiletries. We understand the importance of maintaining your makeup and skincare routine while travelling, but this doesn’t mean that you should already bring all the beauty products that you have in your dresser. Instead, opt for multipurpose beauty products like cheek and lip stain, and a tinted moisturizer with SPF. For shampoos and facial wash, opt for those in sachets or repack them in travel-sized containers so that they won’t take up much space in your bag.
- Opt for a Carry-On. This may sound scary for serial over-packers, but the key to packing light is to limit the size of your luggage. Using the right packing strategy, fitting all your items in a single carry-on is easy. Also, bringing a carry-on won’t just help you pack light, it’ll also lessen your expenses on baggage fees. Truly a great way to pack light and save some money during your trip.
- Pack Versatile Clothes. Deciding what clothes to bring is what takes the most consideration when it comes to packing. So next time you decide on the pieces you’ll bring, we suggest that you stick to one colour palette and choose clothing pieces that can be worn in different ways like your black pants, cotton dress and big scarves.
- Avoid Last Minute Packing. One of the worst things that you can when you’re planning to pack light is to pack in the last minute. To make packing light possible, give yourself at least a day or two to decide and pack the items you’ll be bringing with you. Doing this will save you from all the unnecessary stress and could even lead to having more space in your carry-on.
- Coordinate with Your Travel Buddies. Heading to a weekend trip with your best girls? Then coordinate beforehand to decide who’ll be bringing what. Assign who’ll bring shampoo, toothpaste or lotion to further minimize the space consumed by your toiletries. For gadgets like laptop, you can just share one instead of bringing your own units.
Packing light can be really challenging, especially if you’re used to over-packing. But by following these packing tips, you’ll surely succeed in your plan of packing light and having a more organized trip.